FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD workflow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darren Peister
HD workflow
on Dec 8, 2009 at 2:38:22 pm

Greetings wise ones! A client has given me a project and media all shot in HDV. Today, some footage arrived on DVCPro HD. Since the sequence has already been mostly edited and is using the HDV compressor settings, what would you suggest I do with the DVCProHD material? Media manage it into HDV? Can I just drop it as-is into the HDV timeline and render where needed? It seems to work when I tried that but dont want to find out later that I shot myself in the foot. Thanks.

Geek/Nerd
Mac Pro 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
16 GB RAM, 3Gig internal Raid

Return to posts index

Dennis Leppell
Re: HD workflow
on Dec 8, 2009 at 4:43:39 pm

Go ahead and drop it in....the rendering will effectively make a hdv version of the clip you're using (and will display that as a proxy, so the original footage is untouched).

A question I have is why you're using HDV natively instead of capturing your footage as ProRes. It's a lot easier on your system, even though the file sizes are substantially bigger.

Return to posts index

Darren Peister
Re: HD workflow
on Dec 15, 2009 at 3:14:47 pm

Dennis, do you think that because I'm working natively in HDV that this might be one of the reasons my timeline wont play out so easily? Playback still stops on a dime- when it hits a "green" section implying something is to be renedered but should play through, it wont. The playback stops and I get the under run error box. I can hit "play" again and it will pick up. Thoughts?

Geek/Nerd
Mac Pro 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
16 GB RAM, 3Gig internal Raid

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]