FORUMS: list search recent posts

Finalizing audio?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Spezz
Finalizing audio?
on Dec 6, 2009 at 4:35:35 am

There is something that I'm not quite understanding. I finished a FCP project with a single camera - 2 audio tracks plus a stereo music soundtrack (from Logic). 4 audio tracks total. All I want to do is add a touch of EQ to to the camera audio tracks and boost/limit the final stereo output. Can this be done in FCP? If not, do I need to send the audio to Soundtrack Pro as a multitrack project? I tried to do that but couldn't figure out how to bring it back into FCP. It would be great if I could actually do this in FCP.

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: Finalizing audio?
on Dec 6, 2009 at 7:45:35 am

FCP's audio filters can be applied directly to individual clips as needed ... you can copy and paste (or drag and drop) filters with applied settings to multiple target clips, or you can nest an entire track or tracks and then apply a filter to the nest ... would that work for you?

Return to posts index

Dan Spezz
Re: Finalizing audio?
on Dec 7, 2009 at 7:40:18 pm

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the advice, that pointed me in the right direction! Coming from the audio world I'm always looking for consoles, busses and effects bins etc... Gotta get out of that mindset.Looks like nesting is a very powerful tool in general, especially for video. It was a little tricky, but I did finally figure out how to "round trip" between FCP and Soundtrack Pro so that's how I did it. Easy enough to do once you get through it that first time. Also, I haven't been able to figure out if I can insert audio filters in real time within FCP, so STP seems like a much more suited environment for it. Appreciate the help!

-Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]