FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio tracks

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Nicholus
audio tracks
on Dec 4, 2009 at 10:58:05 pm

I have been editing a project for awhile and have not had any problems with the audio attached to my clips. I recently started doing a voice over and now when I add a clip, its audio jumps to tracks 1 and 3. I cannot move one track to stay on track 2. They have to move together with a track separating the two. It makes it difficult to add transitions and keep uniformity between parts of my project.

Is there any way I can prevent this?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: audio tracks
on Dec 5, 2009 at 1:36:52 am

Before you edit the clips into the timeline, be sure to "patch" to the proper tracks. Click the buttons next to A1 and A2, then edit the clip into the timeline. If you want to move your linked audio to another track after the fact, you can lock the video then move the audio. You can also turn Linking off (Shift L) and move your audio.

Kevin Monahan
60 Blu-ray Templates for Final Cut Studio 2009
http://www.fcpworld.com
Author - Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Dec 5, 2009 at 2:45:28 pm

Also... make sure that you "need" both tracks. Chances are with narration that you need only one track and should pan it center.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Sarah Nicholus
on Dec 5, 2009 at 5:25:59 pm

Thanks for the help... when you say with one narration track, I should "pan it center," what do you mean? Should I put the narration between the two audio tracks from the clip?

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Dec 6, 2009 at 3:46:12 am

Yes this is basics forum... no we won't be a glossary

Fire open the help mnnu and type in panning or pan and you'll see a lot of important info.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]