FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro Woes.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shaunie Woods
Final Cut Pro Woes.
on Nov 27, 2009 at 11:26:19 pm

Hello guys,

Before I start, can I just say that I am severly dyslexic and that if this doesn't make sense, it's not me it's just my brain. :S

I have a problem.

I have done video editing in the past, however, I have always used PC based programs such as Sony Vegas Pro and Adobe. Saying that, I have never really laid my hands on a Mac or FCP before.

SO I have this DV tape, I am editing some footage for a theatre performance and I have come unstuck.

I am trying to convert the DV tape through a sony deck to an Apple Mac, so that I can basically take the MOV file (as one), and edit it in Sony Vegas, as FCP is not my thing and it just confuses the hell out of me.

I have captured the tape plenty of times, but every time my efforts are meaningless as I don't know where to go from there, Final Cut Pro is just too damn difficult to use.

I would just like to know if there is an idiots guide to simply take the film from the DV, straight to MOV in one big file so that I can transfer it to my PC.

I have scouted around this site and many more, however finding a straight forward guide seems impossible.

Can anyone help a girl in need?

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Final Cut Pro Woes.
on Nov 28, 2009 at 3:53:49 am

Checkout the FCP FAQ here on the Cow. Start with the Capturing/Digitizing section.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]