FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pre Roll

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Bronte
Pre Roll
on Nov 26, 2009 at 2:09:14 am

How many seconds do the pre roll points have to be? when working with AVID you could create a custom pre roll, can you bring down the pre roll and post roll as low as one second?

is preview pre-roll and preview post-roll in user preferences the only place you need to set them?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Pre Roll
on Nov 26, 2009 at 2:39:23 am

Hi Patrick,
What do you need Pre-roll for?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Nov 26, 2009 at 2:48:26 am

I assume you are talking about trimming. Go to User Prefs.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Patrick Bronte
on Nov 29, 2009 at 12:48:16 am

Hi Rafael,

When capturing content I get a few drop frames/time breaks. My user preferences are set to start a new capture on time breaks. The problem with this is that I miss a few seconds due to the pre-roll points.

I have so much to capture that I need to be able to start the capture and leave it to do its thing without having to sit there and monitor its progress. I'm capturing HD 1080i/50i and it doesn't seem to work that well if I set it as an un-controlable device.

I've just setup an external firewire drive to store the captured content so its not going to my boot drive. Hopefully this will sort out the drop frame issue. It should because I'm using a 2 x 2.26 quad-core Mac Pro with 6G of RAM.

Does this make sense to you?

Thanks for the reply.

Pat

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Nov 26, 2009 at 3:03:20 am

If you're talking about pre-roll or post-roll for capture, you can bring it down to as low a number as you want, but it's pretty meaningless if your deck is not capable of it. Pre-roll capability is largely dependent on the trigger response and ballistic performance of your deck. Poor performance like on a camcorder will require more pre-roll and post-roll.

If you're talking about pre-roll and post-roll for playaround, you can set that to whatever you want.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]