Newbie with Newbie Questions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Waddleton
Newbie with Newbie Questions
on Nov 25, 2009 at 7:37:20 am

FINAL CUT PRO 5.0.4 mac

Hey all my first post on here,

I have been messing around with Final Cut Pro and I keep giving up and going back.. very frustrating as its very complicated to me as a laymen.

I have a question and I have already tried to search the net and have not found what I am looking for. I tried another forum and received an abrasive response like "read the manual." I am just looking for some help on how to do something particular that I cannot find in the "manual."

QUESTIONS:

1. In the fcp timeline I have two different videos. I would like to make both 16:9 aspect ratio and make sure the volumes are even for both videos.

I want to export it so that when its watched the sizes and audio are consistant!

2. when i export what should i export for
A) DVD to watch on Television
B) for website use

thank you for your understanding and thank you in advance for your responses! =)

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Newbie with Newbie Questions
on Nov 25, 2009 at 8:34:01 am

[David Waddleton] "1. In the fcp timeline I have two different videos. I would like to make both 16:9 aspect ratio and make sure the volumes are even for both videos. "
Hi david,
Welcome to the COW.
Give us some more info about your setup.
What kind of footage are you editing?
Which Sequence setting you have?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

David Waddleton
Re: Newbie with Newbie Questions
on Nov 26, 2009 at 2:46:35 am

Welcome to the COW.
Give us some more info about your setup.
What kind of footage are you editing?
Which Sequence setting you have?
rafael

Hi rafael thank you,

1 give us some info about my setup. I dont know what information that would be? I have my videos in the timeline?

2. what kind of footage am I editing? again I do not know how to answer this other then the obvious. its video footage. originally edited in fcp. I lost the audio portion so i imported the .mov into fcp and then i have new footage which was originally from a dvd that i had to use handbrake to convert it to m4v and then quicktime to convert it to .mov and then imported it to fcp along side the other video that is .mov.

I want both to be 16x9. I have attached links to youtube to show you the complete disaster that I have created.

another problem was in the view the video was soooo small so I had to take a corner and enlarge it to fit the black frame around it.

here is the link to my disaster!

again sorry im just a stupid consumer who is trying to work a professional program and not having any success in accomplishing probably the most elementary steps. so thank you for your help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]