FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP print to video problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Annette & Glyn Hobson
FCP print to video problems
on Nov 22, 2009 at 3:29:51 pm

Hi guys,
we are new to this forum and new to FCP so please bare with us.
We have recently made a music video. We shot the video on a canon Z1 and have transferred the footage into FCP4. We are now at the print to video stage and we are encountering the following issues:
We connected the camera to the video, monitor and mac and then opened FCP4, but when printing to video there is no sound. The video also stops playing and recording because of dropped frames.

How do we solve the sound and dropped frame issues or is there another way to get this video printed?

Thanks

Annette

Return to posts index

Nicole Haddock
Re: FCP print to video problems
on Nov 22, 2009 at 5:21:24 pm

It's been a long, long time since I worked on FCP 4, but at least the Print to Video dialog hasn't changed much.

However, I need some clarification-
What of footage are you working with and what are your sequence settings?
When you say you connected the camera to "the video, monitor and mac" how exactly are you connecting them?

And did you read the manual on the camera to make sure your settings are correct to accept a signal from a computer?

nicole

Return to posts index

Annette & Glyn Hobson
on Nov 23, 2009 at 7:24:46 pm

Hi Nicole,

The footage was shot in DV and the sequence and capture presets are DV PAL 48 kHz Anamorphic.

We are using firewire to DV Cam and phonolead from DC cam to monitor/ dvd recorder.

I hope this answers your query. Like I said. Utterly new to this.
Thank you
Annette

Return to posts index

Nicole Haddock
on Nov 23, 2009 at 9:37:04 pm

And the manual says that camera can receive a signal from a computer and record? I have run into the odd mini-dv camera here and there that doesn't seem to do this, or at least not easily. Are you doing everything the Manual says to accomplish this?

When in doubt, trash the preferences, restart, re-render the timeline and try again.

Return to posts index

Annette & Glyn Hobson
on Nov 24, 2009 at 8:37:37 pm

Hi Nicole,
we managed to sort something out. Instead of using the print to video option we recorded directly from the timeline. Not sure how exactly the other half has done this.

I have a feeling we might have messed up the settings when first capturing the footage.

Thank you very much for your response. It is certainly useful.
Annette

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Nov 23, 2009 at 3:32:57 am

[Annette & Glyn Hobson] "We shot the video on a canon Z1 and have transferred the footage into FCP4"

The Z1 shoots HDV and DV however FCP4 cannot edit HDV footage so you are going to need to clear a few things up for us.

Did you shoot and edit in DV?
Did you shoot in HDV and have the files captured elsewhere and converted to DVC PRO HD that FCP4 can work with.

What are your time line settings?

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

Annette & Glyn Hobson
on Nov 23, 2009 at 7:19:44 pm

Hi Zane
we have shot the video in DV and also edited in DV.
The time line settings 25 frames per second
The sequence and capture presets are DV PAL 48 kHz Anamorphic.

Hope this is what you wanted to know. As I said we are new to FCP4. :-)

Thanks
Annette

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]