FORUMS: list search recent posts

key command or trick to return to movie or pdf from freeze?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim cascarina
key command or trick to return to movie or pdf from freeze?
on Nov 20, 2009 at 3:12:33 pm

Hi is there a key command or trick to return to a movie or pdf after taking a freeze from it?
when I make a rough cut I pull in a mov and take freezes of the key frames, as it stand after each one I have to manually double click on the movie again to get it in my viewer so I can take the next freeze.

it's far from a stream lined work flow.

any help would be greatly received

cheers

Jim

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: key command or trick to return to movie or pdf from freeze?
on Nov 20, 2009 at 3:26:08 pm

Are the clips in the browser, is that why you're having to reload it? If so, no there is no way around reloading it into the viewer. You can double click on the icon. You can select it and press return. You can also open it from the recent clips popup if you like that better.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

jim cascarina
on Nov 20, 2009 at 3:36:31 pm

Hi thanks for your speedy response.

Yeah I drag a movie or a pdf into the browser and take freezes from the movie/pdf and drag the freezes to the time line. then it seems there is no "non mouse" way to select the movie/pdf again move to the next frame of the movie/pdf and take a new freeze.

?

thanks again

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Nov 20, 2009 at 4:00:31 pm

"the movie/pdf"

I don't understand what this is. PDF is a text and graphics document format. It's not a video format.

The non-mouse way is after the freeze is in the timeline press Cmd-4 to return to browser. Use the arrow keys to navigate through the browser content, press the return key to load the clip into the viewer, use JKL and left and right arrows to find the frame, Shift-N to make the freeze, F10 to overwrite into timeline, repeat Cmd-4 and continue.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

jim cascarina
on Nov 20, 2009 at 4:12:10 pm

command 4 to return to the browser is much better than the way I've been going so thanks that's great.

often a Director will supply a shooting board as a pdf, luckily you can import a pdf into the browser and navigate the pages take freezes etc in the same way as a movie.

in the true spirit of an online community we have both learnt something new today

:)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]