FORUMS: list search recent posts

Graphic length

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Gladstone
Graphic length
on Nov 19, 2009 at 3:44:28 am

Hi,
When I bring a graphic into the timeline, there appears to be a limited length, which is annoying. In the preview window (not the canvas) I set the in and outs to the extremes, and then on the timeline I can drag it out further, but at some point (about two minutes I think) I can't extend the graphic anymore. This is problematical when I am trying to drop a "bug" or logo over the entire clip and have to use two or more graphics, and really it doesn't make sense why there ought to be a limit.

Any thoughts, what can I do to get a graphic that can be 5 mins in length, 30mins,etc.

Thanks

Steven Gladstone
http://www.gladstonefilms.com

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Graphic length
on Nov 19, 2009 at 4:28:03 am

Dial in the duration before you put it into the timeline. You can make it 12 hours.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Steven Gladstone
on Nov 19, 2009 at 5:32:53 am

Hi, thanks.

How or where does one dial in the duration? In the settings I can set it to a default length, is that where?

But why can't I drag a graphic to be an unlimited size? It doesn't make any sense.

Steven Gladstone
http://www.gladstonefilms.com

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Nov 19, 2009 at 10:24:58 am

Change it in the Duration column in the browser, or change it in the duration box in the viewer.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]