FORUMS: list search recent posts

Un-install to Reinstall?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Phillips
Un-install to Reinstall?
on Nov 16, 2009 at 5:10:25 pm

Hello All,

Compressor has never worked well since I got Final Cut Studio 2 and now it isn't working at all. People have suggested I reinstall Compressor on the hard drive. It was also suggestd to reinstall all of Final Cut Studio to take care of any problems that might be there between the different software in the bundle.

Well in my haste, last night I took off Compressor by dragging it the trash. I know, probably a mistake, but Macs don't seem to have an easy uninstall feature to them as do PC's do and I haven't been on a MAC in a long time!

So, with my Compressor wiped off, but the rest of Final Cut Studio on the computer, will it overrite the existing version or put a second version on the computer? All I'm asking for is one version that works correctly of course!

Thanks,

Brad

Return to posts index

Todd Gillespie
Re: Un-install to Reinstall?
on Nov 16, 2009 at 5:55:58 pm

Hi Brad,

rest easy, while Mac aren't that great for having a uninstall feature, they are very smart in that Macs do NOT install multiple copies of the same program. So the install will default to overwrite the existing software.
But before you reinstall everything, please try reinstalling Compressor. Just uncheck all other software install in the 'custom' setup for installation.

good luck,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Brad Phillips
on Nov 16, 2009 at 7:01:43 pm

Thanks Todd,

I tried to do a "custom install" last night but it didn't give me the option of unchecking the other software. So then I attempted to just highlight Compressor so it would just install that and it told me it was going to take up 9.7 gb! So that appeared to me to be a re-install of everything.

Was there something I overlooked?

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Nov 16, 2009 at 11:05:06 pm

In the future here are some links that might help when Compressor has problems.

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/compressor_repair.htm

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1888?viewlocale=en_US

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 2 (FCP 6.0.5, Comp 3.0.5, DVDSP 4.2.1, Color 1.0.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]