FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting 1080i60 to 1080p30 (created using XLH1a)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Johnson-Laird
Converting 1080i60 to 1080p30 (created using XLH1a)
on Nov 13, 2009 at 6:26:32 am

I'm just getting around to editing my first three camera shoot with three Camera XLH1a. One of them was on a crane so I used a Canon FS-CV DTE (hard disk recorder) so I didn't have to interrupt the shoot to change tapes for that not easily accessible camera.

I had synced the TC on all three cameras before the shoot (using the trick of using a single remote control to set all three cameras to free-run from preset) -- the idea being to use multiclips in FCP.

Aha! Now I discover (several weeks after the shoot), that when recording to miniDV and ingesting the tapes, the Codec used is 1080p30. However, the signal emitted out of the firewire port on the camera (and recorded to the FS-CV) is encoded as 1080i60.

While FCP is happy to let me drag the clips to the timeline without a problem, it will not let me select the clips in the browser and make a multiclip out of them. Sigh.

Just because of the relative amount of footage, it looks like it will be easier to convert the 1080i60 files to 1080p30.

However, as a relative newcomer to FCP/Compressor, could anyone give me some basic pointers as to how to do this conversion, please?

Thanks in advance!
Andy

Forensic Software/Internet/Image Analyst
Portland, Oregon

Return to posts index

Andy Johnson-Laird
Re: Converting 1080i60 to 1080p30 (created using XLH1a)
on Nov 13, 2009 at 7:23:44 pm

Found an answer. Bring 1080i60 clip on to Timeline, File > Export as Quicktime Movie, select 1080p30 codec in the Export dialog box and create new .mov.

Then reimport into FCP.

Hope this helps someone else with the same question. :)

Regards
Andy

Forensic Software/Internet/Image Analyst
Portland, Oregon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]