FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project multiple movies from iMac (via FCP/other) without observing changes on desktop between movies

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Rosette
Project multiple movies from iMac (via FCP/other) without observing changes on desktop between movies
on Nov 11, 2009 at 6:12:13 am

Hello -

Any advice appreciated, since there may be options here I haven't considered yet. We're doing some movie screenings here in a developing country in SE Asia where gear is scarce and trafficking prints through the mail is cumbersone, hence we're planning to screen our showcase of movies straight from the Mac out to a DVI enabled projector, with audio broken out via a USB audio device to a mixer.

We have multiple format source clips in H.264, some 4*3, others 16*9. Initially, I wanted to line up the entire day's program in the FCP timeline, but the rendering time for all the various clip formats is proving to be formidible and basically prohibitive.

Hence, thinking of just selecting the showcase, movie by movie, and "presenting" in full screen mode as seamlessly as possible, whether this is in FCP or QT Player doesn't really matter.

*** Here's the Rub *** I don't want the audience to see the mouse pointer and desktop and various files lined up as I click on them, just want them to experience the resulting full screen presentations via the projector (while I can still operate the mac and line up the clips, etc)

Any suggestions for this, or a better way? It would be great to have the entire program ready in FCP and just press the start button, but it's taking *days* to deal with rendering all various clip formats into a single, playable timeline.

Thanks for any info,

JR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]