FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Express - options!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam taylor
Final Cut Express - options!!
on Nov 10, 2009 at 12:05:10 pm

I use FCP Studio all day everyday, so am completely comfortable with it.

I have been asked by a friend to spend a day showing her dept how to do basic editing using a new copy of FCE that they have bought....not a problem.

Then they asked - show us how to colour correct. So i checked what FCE comes with and to my horror there is no three way corrector, only the basic colour corrector. I have just tried some tests using that option in FCP and i have to admit i'm kinda stumped. I cannot seem to get anything like an acceptable result from it.

Are there any colour correction plug-ins that will work with FCE and give more control than the built-in option? and cost less than a full upgrade to FCS?

Part of the day will be spent teaching them to colour balance the camera first!

thanks
Adam

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Final Cut Express - options!!
on Nov 10, 2009 at 3:32:09 pm

If he is only using FCE then chances are that he is NOT set up with a proper monitoring system for proper color correction anyway.

Tell him if he wants BIG features he needs to buy the full FCS and get him self set up for PROPER monitoring that color correction will need.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

adam taylor
on Nov 10, 2009 at 3:45:13 pm

Thanks for stating the obvious, i'd never have thought of that.
Not everyone is working to broadcast specs or has the budget to buy the full package!!

all they want is the ability to match up shots done by various people, on various cameras and under differing lighting conditions and Its only for internal company use.

Basic stuff that should be achievable on a basic package. All the full studio would do is confuse them, as they are not video editors - just people with a need to use video as a tool within their working day.

regards
Adam

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Nov 10, 2009 at 4:06:12 pm

You say it's basic stuff. I hate to break it to you but color corection and color marching are NOT basic things.

Wanting to use FCE to do that is like asking Jiffy Lube to overhaul the engine in your car.

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]