FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hardware

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Gladstone
Hardware
on Oct 27, 2009 at 10:01:49 pm

Perhaps this belongs on the regular forum, but here goes.

I'm getting ready to jump on one of the new macs. Thinking about the 27 inch Core i7 iMac. Right now, that would probably suit my needs well, but I'm limited in connectivity. So I'm thinking that with my timeframe, perhaps I can hang on and see if there will be a MACPRO update. Then I can add a black magic intensity pro card. Also more hard drives.

If I went the Mac pro route would you all recommend getting a raid card? OR would the four drive bays be enough to Cut Multiple streams of HD.
Or do I stick with getting the 27 inch Core i7 iMac and not worry about that?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, probably buying either black Friday or X-mas.

Thanks again

Steven Gladstone
http://www.gladstonefilms.com

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Hardware
on Oct 27, 2009 at 10:18:48 pm

Get the most power you can afford. The iMac may limit your options down the road. As for drives, while you can RAID three drives inside your enclosure, an external array will in most cases provide greater storage, speed and data safety. There are terrific options in the left and right banner ads.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 2 (FCP 6.0.5, Comp 3.0.5, DVDSP 4.2.1, Color 1.0.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Hardware
on Oct 28, 2009 at 12:57:45 am

I agree with John about the computer purchasing and about the external Raid.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]