FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting HD to DVD isn't playing smoothly

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Sherwood
Exporting HD to DVD isn't playing smoothly
on Oct 19, 2009 at 2:38:20 am

I am trying to export my HD foots to a dvd the foots plays smoothly when i export it to the mac but when its on dvd the slow mo is very edgy and the video doesn't run smooth..

Its shot in PAL 25fps i really need it working as i plan to distribute this surfing movie very soon.

Hope someone can help! Thanks.

Robert Sherwood

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Exporting HD to DVD isn't playing smoothly
on Oct 19, 2009 at 4:20:15 am

You need to author a DVD or create a Blu-ray disc. You can't just copy footage to optical media and expect it to play back smoothly.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Robert Sherwood
on Oct 19, 2009 at 5:13:29 am

How do i author it???

Robert Sherwood

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Oct 19, 2009 at 8:00:49 pm

Export a Self-contained, Current Settings QT movie, do not use QT Conversion. Bring this file into Compressor and use the DVD Best Quality 90 Minute setting: one for video (mv2) and one for audio (ac3). For the ac3 setting change the Compression Preset from Film Standard to None and Dialog Normalization from -27 dbFS to -31 dbFS. When Compressor finishes the encode, start DVD Studio Pro and import both files. Drag them into a Track, set the track for First Play and adjust the track parameters for Display Mode: 16x9 Letterbox. Then Build/Format the DVD. For more detail, search the Cow and you'll find it.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 2 (FCP 6.0.5, Comp 3.0.5, DVDSP 4.2.1, Color 1.0.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Robert Sherwood
on Oct 19, 2009 at 11:23:11 pm

Thanks for the help John. I'll try this out and let you know how i go.
Also.. Have you been able to put a Drop Shadow on a clip you have slowed down to make it play smoother on FCP?

Robert Sherwood

Return to posts index

Robert Sherwood
on Oct 20, 2009 at 1:11:43 am

I did everything as you did but must have gone wrong somewhere along the way.. I burnt the dvd but it says unknown disc when i put it in. Any suggestions?

Robert Sherwood

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Oct 21, 2009 at 9:34:41 pm

How did you make the DVD? That error is strange.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 2 (FCP 6.0.5, Comp 3.0.5, DVDSP 4.2.1, Color 1.0.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]