FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Compressor: which format should I choose to meet a broadcast quality file format?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Donald
Final Cut Compressor: which format should I choose to meet a broadcast quality file format?
on Oct 16, 2009 at 5:46:28 pm

I will be editing footage filmed in 50i (this is all the info I have at the moment), once edited I need to put this through FCP's compressor to convert to a broadcast standard format...

which format is best to choose in compressor to compress to?

Also, I will be editing in PAL settings is it best to set my FCP presets to the same format I am intending to compress to or should I set them according to how they were shot?

Finally, I will be capturing all footage from tape using FCP's log and capture, is it possible to compress the footage at this stage?

Hope somepne can help!

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Final Cut Compressor: which format should I choose to meet a broadcast quality file format?
on Oct 16, 2009 at 7:17:02 pm

You set the preset to what you shot, generally. Specifics about formats would be great. 50i means nothing at all. Is is HD or SD and what for of either?

Whatever the broadcaster says is broadcast quality is it. You delivery what they want.

What tape? SD tape? What SD tape? HD tape?

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP6," "Basic Training for FCS2" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]