FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mpeg-4 footage in f.c.p 6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stevie Scarlatos
Mpeg-4 footage in f.c.p 6
on Oct 15, 2009 at 1:52:35 pm

I have some mpeg-4 footage i have to work with in fcp 6. What will be the appropriate sequence preset setting and timeline setting for me to work with because i played it in the timeline and it needed rendering. And if in finish my project and export it what will be the right export for mpeg 4?

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Mpeg-4 footage in f.c.p 6
on Oct 15, 2009 at 2:27:23 pm

What MPEG-4? Complete format details are essential, but probably the best thing to do is to convert the media to a format that FCP works with. MPEG-4 is not designed for production but for delivery. Edit in a high quality format and then export to MPEG-4 if that's what you want to delivery.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP6," "Basic Training for FCS2" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Stevie Scarlatos
on Oct 15, 2009 at 3:18:49 pm

some details..

Frame size: 1280 x 720. Vid Rate: 25 fps. Compressor: H.264. Composite : Normal. Pixel Aspect: Square.

It seems to be working ok in fcp only the audio needs rendering. So is it ok to work with this? this what i have ..

thank you

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Oct 15, 2009 at 3:27:04 pm

H.264 is not a good codec for production. You can work with if you have to, but you should be aware that it is a heavily compressed format. I don't know what you need or plan to do. I wouldn't work in it.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP6," "Basic Training for FCS2" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Oct 15, 2009 at 8:33:38 pm

Sounds like output from a Flip camera. I recently had a client show up with Flip files. I used Compressor to convert them to ProRes so I could edit. I was happily surprised by the result. Delivery was H.264.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 2 (FCP 6.0.5, Comp 3.0.5, DVDSP 4.2.1, Color 1.0.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]