FORUMS: list search recent posts

Old Timey effect with Vignette Filter?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Simmons
Old Timey effect with Vignette Filter?
on Oct 14, 2009 at 4:27:49 am

Can I get a little help copying the effects in this video?:

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/asylum-drinks-with-writers-jonathan-ames/...

I'm referring to the intro effects at the beginning (introductions with names). The guy who made this told me he got this effect purely with the Vignette filter but I can't seem to get the same blown out, old-timey look despite playing with the filters. He said he adjusted the levels then set "Mix" to 50 to get just that subtle hint of color. Any ideas? Thanks!

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Old Timey effect with Vignette Filter?
on Oct 14, 2009 at 9:35:42 pm

Try using the 3-way color corrector. Crush the blacks, lower the saturation a lot and boost mids &/or highs. Play around with those controls and you should get close.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 2 (FCP 6.0.5, Comp 3.0.5, DVDSP 4.2.1, Color 1.0.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Ryan Simmons
on Oct 15, 2009 at 5:23:56 am

Thanks, I will try that next time. It turns out the info I got was bad, it wasn't the Vignette filter all along, it was Threshold. Should've known. Thanks though.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 19, 2009 at 9:14:03 pm

I another way to create a similar, but more stylized look is to check out the Color Reduce filter. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out the Graphics Demo Reel I did.

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]