FORUMS: list search recent posts

16:9 and 4:3 in Fcp??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stevie Scarlatos
16:9 and 4:3 in Fcp??
on Oct 6, 2009 at 3:59:16 pm

Here is my issue.. I have shot footage in dv 16:9 from my camera. So i capture the footage in FCP and then when i view the footage from the capture folder with quick time i can see the footage 16:9 black bars up black bars down. When i view the footage in the timeline in FCP with desktop cinema preview i can see the footage 16:9. However when i export my project quick time movie dv pal and i view it in quick time the movie is 4:3 black bars left and right. I don't know what to do.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: 16:9 and 4:3 in Fcp??
on Oct 6, 2009 at 4:28:37 pm

What camera is this? What version of FCP? What presets are you using in FCP? Do you see letterboxing in the log and capture window? When you open the captured clip into the viewer from the browser does it have letterboxing that's black? Not gray, but black.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP6," "Basic Training for FCS2" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

brian waz
on Oct 6, 2009 at 8:03:33 pm

Sorry, wrong post... can't delete it.

Return to posts index

Stevie Scarlatos
on Oct 12, 2009 at 12:42:42 pm

I shot the footage with a Sony handycam hdr-hc1e pal. Although the camera has hdv i shot it at dv 16:9. The capture preset is set to dv pal and the sequense preset is set to dv pal also. There is no letterboxing in the log and capture window and there is no bars in the viewer window. I hope this helps.. But there other thing i noticed now is that by uploading my video to youtube it shows it 16:9. By uploading the video to facebook it plays it 4:3 . And as i told you playing the video in quick time on my mac also show's it 4:3 .. What about anamorphic?

Thank you for you time..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]