FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bluescreening question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Young
Bluescreening question
on Oct 2, 2009 at 2:34:26 am

Hello group,

I have just a couple of Q's on bluescreening and I hope someone can put me straight, it's just that I'm still finding my feet on even the basics.

First of all, can I do bluescreening with a piece of home made cloth that is of one shade of "blue". Does the bluescreen have to be of a particular navy blue or can I use any shade of blue? If you say "no" (i hope you don't) then can I buy bluescreen clothes anywhere?

So if I've recorded my video footage with a bluescreen background, how do I then take off this blue background after I imported my file into the FC Pro, so I could add like a starry or space background that is a JPG file?

cheers for your kind replies

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Bluescreening question
on Oct 2, 2009 at 2:10:41 pm

Chromakeying can work off of any color, not just blue or green. But the blue and green you see most often used were picked becasue they work best. Other colors may share too much in common with either the skin tones of the talent, or the clothing they wear. The blue used most often is a very pure one, with as little contamination from other colors as possible.

But yes, you can use pretty much any blue, so long as it is LIT WELL. The lighting is the number one factor over all.

Return to posts index

Joe Young
on Oct 4, 2009 at 5:19:06 am

Cheers Mark.. Wow thats good to know that I can use any shade of blue.
I have curtains that are uniform navy colour...that should be the ticket..

I'm not sure what I do in FC pro once my vid is imported though. I'm recording a spaceship model in bluescreen then I like to take bluescreen background off to add a real "space" starry background that's a JPg, but how do I turn bluescreen off my vid? cheers

JY

Return to posts index

Matthew Brushinski
on Oct 21, 2009 at 10:25:19 am

Put your background footage (i.e. the picture) on the video 1 track, and the spaceship footage on the video 2 track above the picture. Use the filters key>chromakeyer and key>color smoothing. Adjusting the settings on those should get you started. Good luck and god speed.

-Matt Brushinski
"We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]