FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting issues....

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Maue
Exporting issues....
on Sep 23, 2009 at 8:36:47 am

Hello there....

I am painfully trying to understand all the different settings/framrates/etc... on my Canon LX2 and need some help with something....

I shot a short profile story (3 minutes) of a person who will be receiving an award next week.
This project was shot in 24P mode (not advanced? i think?-not sure what advanced is...)
and imported the footage into FCP using the 2:3:3:2 pulldown method (recommended by a friend) when editing 24p....

I now am trying to export the project (which will be viewed on a large projector screen? Im guessing at an awards show- I know it wont be playing from a DVD, as I am sending the client a .MOV or MPEG file for the final version)..... So yeah anyways, I exported this project using compressor with the web downloading LAN 800kpbs version and got like a 38 MB file - that looks rather clean and not too diminished quality of video....
THEN i exported using Compressor and the regular DV-NTSC method - resulting in a much larger file.... and much to my suprise - the video (looking at both files on a computer using QT) looks actually *worse* than the video that is a much smaller file....

Now I know from these results I am doing something completely wrong....
Were my capture settings wrong for 24p video? Do I even use compressor if its not going to end
up on a DVD?
Should I use the Quicktime Conversion option? If so what settings do I choose for exporting a 24p project (that is now I believe on a 29.97 timeline)?

ughh..... so many querstions... so few answers... PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! :)

THANKS SO MUCH In advance....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]