FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut 6 and 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Tayler
Final Cut 6 and 7
on Sep 21, 2009 at 8:58:57 pm

hey guys,
first off, i just joined the forum. Im happy to be here. Seems like a incredible resource.
So, I just started film school. All our edit suites use final cut studio 2. And they have no intentions to upgrade, (at least any time soon). Now, on my macbook, i also have final cut studio 2. But i plan on buying fcs3. I will be getting the academic version as im not eligible for the upgrade.
So 2 questions.
I know i am able to share projects between FCS2 and FCS3 if i save as XML. Is it as easy as just saving it as a XML in FCS3 and opening it FCS2? just like that?

Also, would there be any way to run both fcs2 and 3 on my mac? and just use 2 for school and 3 for personal stuff. It seems like a waste of space, but i dont even have the contents for all the programs for studio 2. So studio 2 is only like 3 gigs. So i'd be willing to leave it installed.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut 6 and 7
on Sep 21, 2009 at 10:39:27 pm

[James Tayler] "I know i am able to share projects between FCS2 and FCS3 if i save as XML. Is it as easy as just saving it as a XML in FCS3 and opening it FCS2? just like that?
"

Yup. Export XML version 4 and it works like a charm.

[James Tayler] "Also, would there be any way to run both fcs2 and 3 on my mac? "

Not on the same OS. You would have to have TWO partitions, or a separate hard drive with separate OS and FCS install. Cannot run both on the same system...too many shared components and possible conflicts.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]