FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best output and burn workflow for XDCAM 1080i60

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john henion
Best output and burn workflow for XDCAM 1080i60
on Sep 19, 2009 at 3:08:33 am

Hi there,

I just finished up a project with XDCAM 1080i60 footage and the client wants it burned to a dvd. I don't have an HD DVD burner, so I figured I would just export as quicktime and burn SD using iMovie...WRONG! As I learned later right here on creative cow, iDVD doesn't play nice with HD unless compessed with Intermediate Codec...

So taking some advice from threads on here I exported to Mpeg-2 via compressor to be used in DVD Studio Pro 4. Two issues arose:

1. using the 90 minute high quality mpeg2 encode in compressor, my output file has a bad case of combing the effect (the lines of resolution on motions). Question: how do I get rid of this nasty effect in my output file?

2. In DVD Studio Pro 4 I can't seem to be able to set the files to play in 16:9 widescreen...Question: Assuming that i'm limited by my hardware - an SD DVD burner, is there away for my source files to retain there native 16x9 aspect, or will I have to settle with pan & scan?

Thanks for you input!
John

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Best output and burn workflow for XDCAM 1080i60
on Sep 21, 2009 at 10:57:18 am

[john henion] "1. using the 90 minute high quality mpeg2 encode in compressor, my output file has a bad case of combing the effect (the lines of resolution on motions). Question: how do I get rid of this nasty effect in my output file?"
Duplicate the Preset, and in the "General" tab, check NTSC, 16x9, Upper first.
You should also set the "Frame Control: ON" and "Resize filter: Better".
This will helps you to get a better downscaled picture.

[john henion] " In DVD Studio Pro 4 I can't seem to be able to set the files to play in 16:9 widescreen...Question: Assuming that i'm limited by my hardware - an SD DVD burner, is there away for my source files to retain there native 16x9 aspect, or will I have to settle with pan & scan? "
You must identify the file as 4x3 or 16x9.
Sorry but I haven't had never clear in which cases to choose "Pan&Scan", "16x9 Letterboxed", etc.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

john henion
Re: Best output and burn workflow for XDCAM 1080i60
on Sep 22, 2009 at 6:57:23 pm

Rafael - thanks a million. Problems resolved.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]