FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lost Footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jill Abrahams
Lost Footage
on Sep 16, 2009 at 12:22:07 am

Can anyone help me? I'm really desperate.

In a nutshell, my issue is that I need to reload footage for completed sequences. I know what reel is associated with each clip, yet when I originally loaded the tapes, I selected capture now at random points on the tapes prior to the footage I wanted. Now, when I reload I get the prompt:

“Some attributes of one or more of the files you have chosen do not match the attributes of the original. This may cause problems within the sequences that are dependent on them. The attributes that differed are as follows:

- Media Start and End"

So, it seems as if I have to start the load (and end it) at the exact same timecode this time as I did the first time. Yes? Is there a way to do that?

Please help!!

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Lost Footage
on Sep 16, 2009 at 12:50:37 am

Jill,

The problem is that you likely disabled the timecode break warning and got FCP to capture at points along the tape that do not have enough preroll time to catch the in-point of some of your clips in advance of those timecode breaks. There's no easy fix for that that I know of.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Jill Abrahams
on Sep 16, 2009 at 1:28:39 am

Ah ha, makes sense. Thank you.

Arg!!

Return to posts index

Dennis Leppell
on Sep 16, 2009 at 4:13:34 am

Not necessarily true, David. I recapture old projects on a semi-regular basis (usually 3 year old commercials that get resurrected for a re-vamp), and have never disabled any of those warnings, or changed my pre-roll settings, and still get that particular message on occasion. I don't know what causes it, but when I go ahead with the reconnect, everything *seems* to be in order.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Sep 16, 2009 at 4:18:15 am

It sounds as if Jill can't capture her material however Dennis. I may be wrong, but that's how it sounds to me.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Jill Abrahams
on Sep 16, 2009 at 4:14:30 pm

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your help. I can capture the footage, but when I proceed after the warning, it doesn't match up. Maybe I'll try again with a different set of tapes on another part of the project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]