FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to preview video on an external player?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ivan Gao
Is it possible to preview video on an external player?
on May 27, 2016 at 12:43:23 pm

For example, if I import several videos and make some edit works to them. Can I make the edited video displayed directly on a external video player like QuickTime Player, rather than the FCP Preview window?

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Is it possible to preview video on an external player?
on May 27, 2016 at 2:39:15 pm

If I understand your question correctly, the answer is no. You cannot have FCP play through the QT Player. You would need to export the video file first, and then open it in QT Player.

The only way to have FCP play through anything other than its own windows is to use a converter card or box to output video to another monitor.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 27, 2016 at 4:52:49 pm

What is the point of doing that? What's wrong with the FCP Canvas? Are you looking to see what the colors will be in the player vs how it is in the app? Using QT as sort of a CLIENT MONITOR?

No, you can't...but that was answered here as well as PPro forum

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ivan Gao
on May 28, 2016 at 12:46:54 pm

What is the point of doing that?
The "External Player" I mentioned is very general, it could be the QuickTime player on the local machine or the Flash Media Player embedded on the browser of a remote client. It may not make sense to display edited result to external display if editing video locally on desktop, but it does when it comes to cloud editing and the edited result has to be delivered to the user's browser via Internet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]