FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX DVD/BD Output Fail

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Bennett
FCPX DVD/BD Output Fail
on May 24, 2016 at 1:12:12 am

I'm brand new to FCPX. Still testing with the 30-day trial. Hit a big brick wall. Getting FCP X to DVD or Blu-ray seems to be a big dead end. Trying to work with the Share Project options to produce the files for DVD/BD but this lacks any options for changing settings. Working with Compressor seems it would solve this but with no success.

It appears I may have to render out an uncompressed file and take that into a stand-alone Compress to make my need changes.

But this still leaves us with no way the create the menus and put it altogether. Looking at old versions of iDVD and DVD Studio Pro, it seems either can do Blu-rays.

So, how does FCP X take my finished project to DVD/BD with professional menus (not the basic nothing menus offered inside FCP X)?

Thanks for any feedback.

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures
Capturing Your Life's Adventures!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: FCPX DVD/BD Output Fail
on May 24, 2016 at 1:42:26 am

Wrong forum! Post to FCPX forum if you want an answer.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Ken Bennett
on May 24, 2016 at 3:21:15 am

No, this IS the right forum, FCP X Pro!

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures
Capturing Your Life's Adventures!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on May 24, 2016 at 3:26:19 am

No, it's not actually Ken, this is the FCP 7 ("Legacy") Forum, you're just lucky that Shane answered. There are two FCPX forums here on the Cow.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on May 24, 2016 at 5:19:37 am

https://forums.creativecow.net/fcpxtechnique
this is the forum for X related operation questions

https://forums.creativecow.net/finalcutprox
and this forum is for general discussion about lots of NLEs and was born out of the original release of X.

The forum you posted in is for holdouts who still use FCP7 (often called legacy or legend)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 24, 2016 at 2:05:42 am

Apple has no software for burning BluRays. There was a way to make DVD SP make one if the project was 10 min or less, but I don't know what that way is. Apple seems to think that DVDs and BluRay as deliverables aren't wanted, or don't exist. They have no options for creating a DVD or BluRay with menus.

I THINK you can make a DVD from the SHARE menu from FCX...but that's it. And there's no way to make menus. It'll be a single video on a DVD that will start when you put it in the player. That's it. No BluRay. DVD SP authored HD DVDs...the format that lost out to BluRay. if you want to make BluRay, you need Toast.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]