FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 will not recognize my SD card

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pascale Thomas
FCP7 will not recognize my SD card
on May 22, 2016 at 8:45:14 pm

I just got a new camera - Panasonic HC-V750. After getting footage, I try to "Log and Transfer" in FCP7 and it will not recognize my SD card. The SD card mounts onto my desktop, and I can see there is data on the SD card, but it is not recognized in FCP7. I was even successful at using Voltaic and getting the footage...so I know the footage is there. I tried two different SD cards with the same result.

I am using: Mac 10.7.5 and FCP 7.0

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: FCP7 will not recognize my SD card
on May 23, 2016 at 3:22:23 am

FCP7 was EOL'd over five years ago. Log & Transfer often needed camera manufacturers to provide software to allow L&T to read cards. Unless Panasonic make such a software driver for this old software (doubtful) then you wll need to use some other software to convert the camera files to an edit codec like ProRes that FCP7 can use.

Return to posts index

Pascale Thomas
on May 23, 2016 at 3:39:22 am

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your response. I actually figured out what I was doing wrong and it is now working properly!!!
Once I changed the audio/video settings to match that of the camera, it worked!!! Thanks again for responding! Changing camera's is always a growing experience :-)

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on May 23, 2016 at 11:01:53 pm

Thanks for posting the solution Pascale. Amazing how many people still keep FCP7 as their primary edit tool even though it is now unable to deal with some newer codecs and cameras.

I must say I am happy with Resolve and the way it deals with many codecs native but even there there are some issues.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]