FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replacing Missing Effects After Re-Set Of FCP 7...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sameer Thaver
Replacing Missing Effects After Re-Set Of FCP 7...
on May 22, 2016 at 6:44:52 pm

Hi Guys!

I'm using Final Cut Pro 7 and so far its been treating me well. However, a couple of days ago... I crashed, had a re-start problem so I essentially had to re-install twice (one of those FXScript Errors and I didn't wish to go through the agony of re-editing after switching framerates). Anyhow, on the good side... most of my plugins and effects were saved (thank god!) but now, all I'm missing out on are my additional page peel effects such as cross page peel, split page peel etc. How can I somehow replace them? Is there a site which can safely grant me those free downloads? I've been googling high and low with virtually no success thus far...

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Replacing Missing Effects After Re-Set Of FCP 7...
on May 22, 2016 at 7:50:33 pm

You seem to be implying that the effects and transitions that are typically installed with FCP are now missing, but that's impossible if you did a complete reinstall of the app. You may well have used third party effects and transitions.

In the future, before reinstalling the software, try trashing preferences, as preferences often become corrupt after a crash.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Sameer Thaver
Re: Replacing Missing Effects After Re-Set Of FCP 7...
on May 22, 2016 at 9:57:36 pm
Last Edited By Sameer Thaver on May 22, 2016 at 9:58:18 pm

Actually, that is what I did... all my original and most of my third part transitions do remain save items such as cross page peel, split page peel etc.

Would there be some way such as a site from which I could re-install and also, how would I attend to the trashing preferences (OSX Lion)...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]