FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export FCP7 to 1080

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Rousseau
Export FCP7 to 1080
on May 14, 2016 at 1:15:19 am

I know there is a lot of information and YouTube videos with recommendations for exporting 1080p from Fcp7. Most of them seem to be geared towards the web as end end use. My case is different in that my end use is a Mac mini connected to my home theater. I use SYBU KODI to drive my movies from the MAC mini to my 60 inch HD tv.

Fcp7 is used to edit 1080p 60fps footachage from Panasonic that was converted to PRORES HQ.

So what is the best way export at 1080 for my system. I have used the share option with Apple TV to get 720p but that is a waste of my 1080 footage. I have been exporting as A QuickTime Full Quality then using Handbrake to package. Is that the best?

I have: streamclip, Adobe CS6 suite, Handbrake, and clip wrap available

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Export FCP7 to 1080
on May 14, 2016 at 2:51:14 pm

You don't have Compressor? There's probably a compression preset that would work for you.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Export FCP7 to 1080
on May 16, 2016 at 1:25:14 pm

If you have Adobe Media Encoder you will get a better result than Compressor in my experience. Export a quicktime movie (not conversion) using default (ProRes HQ) and then take that into Media Encoder and start with a preset like Vimeo H264 1080 and adjust to get the best size to quality ratio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]