FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing XDCAM EX files (SONY EX-3) into FCP 7.0 using a Mac Pro (late 2013) running El Capitan

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred Bruder
Importing XDCAM EX files (SONY EX-3) into FCP 7.0 using a Mac Pro (late 2013) running El Capitan
on May 11, 2016 at 1:40:59 pm

Forum Members:

At present I am slowly making a transfer over to a new Mac Pro. I will be transitioning my software eventually to FCPX. For now I am still using FCP7.03, and are needing to continue to get my Sony EX-3 files in for editing. On my old system I was using log and transfer which unwrapped the files and imported them into FCP 7.

Given the fact that I now have a new Mac Pro and are running El Capitan is there a workflow to do this with FCP7 . What are my viable options

Log and Transfer?
Catalyst Browse

If one of these works is there a specific version of these programs I should be using to avoid any possible incompatibility issues?

Someone out there must have faced this situation already, can you please help?

Fred B.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Importing XDCAM EX files (SONY EX-3) into FCP 7.0 using a Mac Pro (late 2013) running El Capitan
on May 11, 2016 at 4:43:44 pm

You used FCP 7 before...and you are using it again. Why would the workflow change simply because you changed the OS? FCP 7 workflows should still be what you try. Have you tried your old way?

UNLESS...it doesn't work. Because FCP 7 is 7 years old...5 years discontinued. And El Capitan is 4 OS versions after that fact...and every version doesn't take into account the workability of FCP 7..so many parts of it might not work. What you do need to do is install the Log and Transfer plugin for XDCAM. I hope you still have the installer....because if you don't, then you need to look at alternate options, as that installler is no longer made available...as the software is 5 years gone.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Roger Poole
Re: Importing XDCAM EX files (SONY EX-3) into FCP 7.0 using a Mac Pro (late 2013) running El Capitan
on May 14, 2016 at 12:58:47 pm

It beats me why Sony would pull it when so many people are still using FCP7. However, the Sony plug in works with JVC XDcam EX so I would imagine the JVC log and transfer plug in, which is available, will work with Sony XDcam EX. Worth a shot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]