FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 6 on Mavericks 10.9.5 still crashing after plist & preference file renewal.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bert Murphy
FCP 6 on Mavericks 10.9.5 still crashing after plist & preference file renewal.
on May 4, 2016 at 10:33:35 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm coming to the end of a huge documentary feature started 5 years ago and I haven't updated my OS since Macericks to maintain FCP stability and functionality.
But increasingly in the last three months FCP will crash. The problem is getting increasingly worse to the point that I am up to 5 to 7 crashes a day. I delete the plist and preference files on a regular basis which improves things for a short time. I thought I could just limp home as we are close to picture lock off but it now seems I will need to cut a tv version also. I can't continue like this.

Is there anything else someone can suggest? Help.

Bert

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP 6 on Mavericks 10.9.5 still crashing after plist & preference file renewal.
on May 5, 2016 at 12:34:25 am

What computer do you have this installed on? If a MacPro...get a new hard drive, install MacOS 10.6.8 (the last one that fully supported FCP 7) and install Final Cut Studio on that, and continue working.

If you don't...if you have a computer that only supports one hard drive...how much space is available on that drive? Might be able to partition it into two, and install the older OS on one of the partitions. CLONE the OS before you do this, just in case. But you should be able to add a partition to an existing drive. if not, clone, format the drive, partition, install the older OS on one, restore the clone to the other.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bert Murphy
Re: FCP 6 on Mavericks 10.9.5 still crashing after plist & preference file renewal.
on May 5, 2016 at 1:59:05 am

Thanks Shane

I feared this might be the case but had to see if there was anything else I hadn't done yet. I have a 2010 Mac pro so I will build a dedicated OS on a new drive and reinstall FCP there.

Thanks again

Bert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]