FORUMS: list search recent posts

MXF troubles

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlo Garau
MXF troubles
on May 4, 2016 at 9:15:22 am

First of all, being a new account here, good day to everybody

I shoot with a Sony PWM 200 and I have no problems importing MXF files with my iMac 27" with last OS version.

I have also a MacBook pro 15" with the same version of FCP 7 ( 7.0.3), same version of the OS (10.11.4 El Capitan). Unfortunately I can't import MXF files with the laptop with FCP, I have no problems to see and edit them with the same MacBook Pro using iMovie, or watching them (with no audio) with VLC.

Any suggestion? I have also installed ( without any result on FCP) the Sony XDCAM Browser Version 1.3 (1.3.0.205)

My doubt is that I have missed some upgrade of FCP with my laptop with App Store. Any suggestion?

Thanks, Carlo

Return to posts index

Warren Eig
Re: MXF troubles
on May 4, 2016 at 4:11:25 pm

Have you tried converting to ProRes with Compressor?

Warren Eig
O 310-470-0905

email: info@babyboompictures.com

For Camera Accessories - Monitors and Batteries

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on May 5, 2016 at 4:12:47 am

FCP 7.0.3 is the final version of FCP 7. It was discontinued over five years ago so there is no missing updates and the app store doesn't have it only FCPX the replacement NLE.

The last OS designed for FCP7 was Mountain Lion so latest OS may be the issue even though you say it is the same on both machines. It is by chance that old software still works with the latest OS and I can assure you Apple has no interest in keeping FCP7 alive so it is just luck.

FCP7 is definitely a quicktime NLE and really the only safe advice is to convert to ProRes QT as Warren suggests to have pain free editing and best performance from a laptop.

Return to posts index

Carlo Garau
on May 5, 2016 at 8:16:02 am

Thanks for help.
I've tried with Compressor, with has worked on the iMac and doesn't work with the MacBook.
The only way to edit with the laptop at the moment:
1) Using Compressor on iMac to change MXF to MOV
2)Putting the files in a Hard Disk
3)Connect the Hard Disk to the MacBook and finally start editing
To edit on location the "best solution" at this moment seems to be "iMovie":
Just frustrating.

Carlo

Return to posts index

Carlo Garau
on May 5, 2016 at 9:37:47 am

S O L V E D !!!

it's the end of a nightmare. I finally solved the problem simply searching in the MacBook directory
HD>LIBRARY>QUICKTIME
and I compare the same folder on the iMac. In the MacBook folder there was a file that wasn't in the iMac folder named: MXFImporter.component

I have put it in the Bin of the MacBook: end of the story. WOW!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]