FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 Tape Capturing Audio Glitch

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Clark
FCP 7 Tape Capturing Audio Glitch
on Apr 28, 2016 at 4:22:13 am

Hi everyone,

I have a question concerning a tape capture audio issue we've been running into lately. The gist is this:

We're capturing a 42 minute show with 12 channels of audio using Final Cut Pro 7 through a Sony SRW-5500 HDCAM SR deck. Our chosen format for the capture is Apple ProRes HQ. The capture goes fine with all the audio intact. We create a sequence and drop the newly captured video file into it and start to trim off the ends, adjust the sequence time code, etc.

The problem comes when rendering the sequence for exporting. When we just render the 42 minute long sequence all together and export, we find that it is causing an audio glitch at around to 29-30 minute mark of the ProRes HQ file we exported. In this particular example, it is a snippet of the tone found in the very beginning of the final (from the bars and tone). It lasts for about 3-4 seconds and disappears. The rest of the show's audio plays back fine.

Our tech people have found a work around by rendering smaller chunks of the sequence at once but I'm just curious if there is a more permanent solution. Have any of you run into such a problem before?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: FCP 7 Tape Capturing Audio Glitch
on Apr 28, 2016 at 5:38:05 pm

I have had good luck doing this:

Open the FCP Render manager. Delete all the audio render files. Re-render the audio in the edit timeline. Export.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]