FORUMS: list search recent posts

PowerPoint Question: How to De-animate

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ned Miller
PowerPoint Question: How to De-animate
on Apr 27, 2016 at 11:52:32 pm

My client needs me to drop many PP slides into their video and they are mainly bullet point builds. However, when they sent me their PP file the builds are already there and I can't break them out to individual slides.

When I filmed the presenter he used a clicker to advance each bullet point. How can I recreate that? I don't work with PP but I believe it's called animation, so is there a way to defeat that so I can create the build myself according to the speaker's timing? This is too low budget for me to create builds, I want the PP builds.

Thanks,

Ned

Ned Miller
Chicago Videographer
http://www.nedmiller.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: PowerPoint Question: How to De-animate
on Apr 28, 2016 at 3:03:45 am

At first blush, this soundsike it could be effects work. How do you evision this going together?

In other words.......

WHAT DOES YOUR STORYBOARD LOOK LIKE?

Don't have one? Grab a pencil and start sketching. It really helps. At this point, I don't think you even know what you want to do.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ned Miller
on Apr 28, 2016 at 3:14:33 am
Last Edited By Ned Miller on Apr 28, 2016 at 3:16:20 am

Yes, I know exactly what I need to do and have done it a zillion times. It's incredibly simple (yet boring). The problem is, in this case I am provided the PowerPoint bullet point builds in a completed, one image file, which precludes me from building them at the timing of the speaker's spiel.

What I need is someone who knows the inside workings of PP, since I can not find it in the menus or in searching on Google, as to how to break each of these bullet points into its own image, and individual JPEG, so I can add the points as the speaker drones on. Capeesh?

In sum, if a slide had six different bullet points individually stacked, and the presenter was able to add them one at a time using the clicker, how can I do the same now so I can stack them in the timeline?

I have no idea what you are talking about regarding storyboarding, this is very simple except for the technical problem of separating them in PowerPoint, IF that's even doable? I was hoping someone on this forum knows PowerPoint and has had this issue before. When I asked my client if she could separate the bullet points so I can create the build she did not know how.

There is a very labor intensive work around way to do this, such as I can make a mask of the same color as the background, but that is too time consuming for the rate I am doing this.

Thanks anyway...

Ned Miller
Chicago Videographer

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 28, 2016 at 3:34:05 am

[Ned Miller] "In sum, if a slide had six different bullet points individually stacked, and the presenter was able to add them one at a time using the clicker, how can I do the same now so I can stack them in the timeline?"

Go into show mode, advance manually, and take screenshots of every build.

I assume you're on a Mac. Cmd+Shift+3, Space, Cmd+Shift+3, Space, Cmd+Shift+3, Space... you'll get a pile of images saved on your desktop.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Ned Miller
on Apr 28, 2016 at 3:37:03 am

Hi Walter,

You wrote:

"Go into show mode, advance manually, and take screenshots of every build."

Will a screen shot give me good resolution or should I export each one as a TIFF or JPEG? There's probably going to be 90-110.

Thanks for steering me to Show Mode, will check on this tomorrow.

Appreciate it!

Ned Miller
Chicago Videographer

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 28, 2016 at 3:38:47 am

[Ned Miller] "Will a screen shot give me good resolution or should I export each one as a TIFF or JPEG? There's probably going to be 90-110."

A screen shot will be whatever the resolution of your display is. If you do it on a 1920x1080 monitor or better, you'll presumably be all set.

It will take you just a couple minutes to do this 110 times.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Ned Miller
on Apr 28, 2016 at 9:31:37 pm

Walter thanks!!!! It worked! Took two minutes to make about 60 screen grabs. So glad you knew the trick.

Please private message me with your address at: ned (AT) nedmiller.com and tell me which wine you like, red or white, and the type, or what's your favorite beer.

Many thanks!

Ned

Ned Miller
Chicago Videographer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]