FORUMS: list search recent posts

reseting a scratch disk after the edit is done

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jasmina Jasinska
reseting a scratch disk after the edit is done
on Apr 27, 2016 at 1:52:23 pm

hello everyone. I'm trying to export my short documentary (18 minutes) from final cut pro 7 and I'm getting the no disk space error message in the middle of the process. I checked posts about such issues and I understand I should change the scratch disk to the external drive. Is it possible to do it when the project is done and just needs to be exported? Does the external drive that the scratch disk is allocated to have to be the same external drive where all my footage is? (as this one is full:/) I will really appreciate your help guys!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: reseting a scratch disk after the edit is done
on Apr 27, 2016 at 3:11:50 pm

The scratch disk has nothing to do with the export process. Where you are targeting that export to is where the problem lies. There is not enough space on the drive you are trying to export too. You need to select a different location, with more room.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jasmina Jasinska
on Apr 28, 2016 at 10:48:02 am

thank you, I will try to do that! what about the "out of memory" message? does it apply to hard drive or external drive?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 28, 2016 at 1:18:18 pm

It applies to the hard drive you are exporting the Quicktime too. Apparently there's not enough space for it to export too...

Or....wait. Is this happening when you render? is the sequence fully rendered before you export? If not, then it tries to render it when it exports. OUT OF MEMORY is also an error you get when you have a still larger than 4000 pixels in the sequence. Look for that too. STills all need to be under 4000 pixels.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jasmina Jasinska
on Jun 4, 2016 at 1:56:57 pm

thank you so much for the reply Shane! I have one more question, maybe you will be able to help me. I exported the movie as apple pro res and it's 14GB. I need to reduce it to 8GB. Any ideas on how to do it without loosing quality? Which compressor would you recommend?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]