FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro - Masking area in green or blue screen

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Brown
Final Cut Pro - Masking area in green or blue screen
on Apr 22, 2016 at 2:10:40 am

Hi,

Although in theory this shouldn't happen... It has happened!

We were rushed in a shoot and had to change our usual green screen back ground to a blue one.

Unfortunately our presenter was wearing a light blue tie.

Although the tie is a much lighter shade of blue it is obviously getting keyed out along with the back ground.

Is there a way we could put a mask over the subjects mid section (Tie) that would then eliminate the Key filter in this area?

At this stage, I have put a solid color behind the presenter which does make it look a little better however is not exactly ideal.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut Pro - Masking area in green or blue screen
on Apr 22, 2016 at 1:27:53 pm

Easy. Apply a 4 or even 8 point garbage matte over his body. Does he move much?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Apr 22, 2016 at 1:31:26 pm

You could probably get away using a key-framed garbage matte to isolate the tie. Do your normal blue-screen key and then use the garbage matte on the layer above to cut in the tie over the keyed composite. Depending on the footage, you could probably get away with a diamond shaped 4-point matte to do the job.

Not my monkeys. Not my circus.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 22, 2016 at 2:06:55 pm

The methods mentioned so far will work. There's more thanone way to go about it.

Don't forget: you can invoke multiple instances of Primatte; one for the tie, separate one for he background.

Or...Make two identical layers on the timeline,make a simple crop of the body and just fix the tie, then feather the crop over the main keyed shot.

Or... use the 3-way color corrector on the tie first, to alter the color...

or... use the 3-way cc to exaggerate the colors and contrasts of the body and tie, just to generate clean mattes. Restore the colors to normal, layer the mattes in-between.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]