FORUMS: list search recent posts

Turning dual mono to stereo in Final Cut Pro 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Debbie Hess
Turning dual mono to stereo in Final Cut Pro 7
on Apr 18, 2016 at 12:09:07 pm

Hello, we have a film that was originally edited for dual mono and our current distributor requires stereo. We did output the film as a stereo pair, but of course it is not really stereo, but dual mono. Is there any quick way to turn it into stereo without actually going back in and re-editing the entire project? Any quick way to produce a 'fake' stereo with different readings in each track even? We are using final cut pro 7. I appreciate any help, and please let me admit, I am not an expert at all and if this sounds like a stupid question to all the fine experts on here, I apologize in advance.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Turning dual mono to stereo in Final Cut Pro 7
on Apr 18, 2016 at 4:13:09 pm

What, specifically, isn't stereo? The music? The SFX? or the sound on tape (dialog)? Music should always be stereo...unless you changed it to be dual mono.

Double-clicking on the music tracks will allow you to see if they are panned left/right or straight up. Music comes in stereo, so if it's mono, efforts had to be done to do that. If so...efforts have to be made to undo that.

SFX...same thing.

Dialog...often that comes in mono...one track is LAV and another might be the boom...or the camera mic. Dialog pretty much never is stereo, unless you recorded that in the field that way. BUT, I assume that the distributor is talking about music and SFX, those are the ones easily identifiable as mono.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]