FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red Text in FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Cropper
Red Text in FCP 7
on Apr 7, 2016 at 1:44:46 pm

Naturally when it rains it pours, and I have no idea if this image is even uploading to this site.

Somebody please....please please please please please....respond to this about what I'm asking...not something completely different. I refuse to believe I am the only one experiencing this problem.

I work in FCP 7, and I do all of my titles/texts within the software. I use this for work. My export settings go to an Apple Pro Res 422 file, 1920x1080, 29.97 FPS, Square Pixel.

Literally overnight about a month ago, my red fonts will appear completely pixelated. This is not just happening on the timeline, yes yes yes yes, I know, again, NOT just happening on the timeline. Happening when exported. Happening when compressed. If this website actually works, I hope you can see the image. White font, no problem. I have had zero issues with this in the past, never had this problem, therefore I know for a fact this has a solution. I have used multi colored fonts for over 3 years on this program and come February 2016, this just stopped happening. Any solutions, anything at all, please let me know.

Again, please this is the most information I can provide, this is in fact the problem no matter how many people want to insist otherwise. Please...this is the question I am desperately seeking a valid answer from.

***pretty straight forward, amazing that this website can't handle one image upload from a brand new macintosh bough friday, but this possibly will work?
1_fcp.png

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Red Text in FCP 7
on Apr 7, 2016 at 7:54:08 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Apr 7, 2016 at 7:54:34 pm

Hmmm...

What do your scopes say about the saturation and brightness levels of the red fonts, versus the same font in white? Perhaps your chroma is too high on the red? Is there a video filter or plug-in you applied over the top of these tracks, and if yes, and you disable it, does the red problem change?

What have you changed on the computer or in your settings since you first noticed this problem? Any software updates? Have you run a hardware test on your video card? Maybe swapped another video card?

Return to posts index

Jason Cropper
on Apr 7, 2016 at 8:09:27 pm

Thank you so much for taking time to respond to this mess.

To be honest, I call myself the special ed, editor at work, I've now won 4 PromaxDBA awards, and split an emmy. And I call myself this because the second part of your response, is greek to me. I never fool around with that stuff, don''t even know what that means. I used to make my text, hit the red mark, and everybody's day was great. Is there something you would suggest in doing with that? As far as video cards and such, this is the newest macbook on the market, if that's what it was in reference to. Nobody, from people at either job to an old editing teacher is saying that this would be beyond going through the software itself.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 7, 2016 at 9:59:41 pm

I ask again:

What do your waveform and vector scopes say about the saturation and brightness levels of the red fonts, versus the same font in white? Perhaps your chroma is too high on the red? Is there a video filter or plug-in you applied over the top of these tracks, and if yes, and you disable it, does the red problem change?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 7, 2016 at 8:20:23 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Apr 7, 2016 at 9:40:48 pm

A few things come to mind, in no particular order:
  • That's REALLY red, and red is a noisy color. You might want to back off on the saturation.
  • Are you cutting in progressive or interlaced? I see images from "The Monuments Men" movie, so you might be having 3:2 pulldown issues. Check that, too.
  • You may have to trash FCP preferences.
  • You mentioned this runs on a brand-new Mac. That means it Runs El Capitan. I Hope you know that you're cutting on six-year-old software that hasn't been supported for four of those years. Apple cares not one whit whether FCP7 runs on El Capitan. You may be experiencing incompatibility between the application and the OS. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it's true.
  • Have you used this typeface before with no problems?
  • Go into FCP's Render Manager, delete all the render files for the project and render again.

PS: Got me a Promax Gold, too. Writing. Producing. Editing.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Apr 8, 2016 at 9:56:11 am

"My export settings go to an Apple Pro Res 422 file, 1920x1080, 29.97 FPS, Square Pixel."

you say you are EXPORTING to these settings.
are these the settings of your working sequence, or is your working sequence something else?

"I have used multi colored fonts for over 3 years on this program and come February 2016, this just stopped happening"

so what else has changed?
you say you have a new computer. is that your work computer?
any other changes to the way you work?

have you used THAT red before, with THAT font?

are you scaling the text up at all?

i notice that people ask you sensible questions to help them help you,
but you rarely respond.

nick

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Apr 8, 2016 at 2:03:32 pm

Above you mentioned uploading an image from a BRAND NEW COMPUTER. Is this the computer that you are using to run FCP7? If so, what version of Mac OS are you trying to run FCP7 under? Its known that FCP7 can/will run with issues under the newest OS versions coming from Apple. This could explain the issues you are having.

Not my monkeys. Not my circus.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]