FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting uncollapsed Multiclip in FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Brown
Exporting uncollapsed Multiclip in FCP7
on Apr 4, 2016 at 3:26:28 pm

Hi good People,

What I mean is, is it possible to export the uncollapsed / unedited multiclip viewer window as a QT file in order to show someone all the angles at the same time (in motion picture of course, not as stills!)

For the time being, I only see recording it off the screen as a possibility, but maybe there is a trick?

Thanks for your support! best from the front ;-)

Michael Brown

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Exporting uncollapsed Multiclip in FCP7
on Apr 4, 2016 at 5:11:14 pm

Sorry, can't. Only way to do that would be to layer the video and arrange the video manually.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Brown
on Apr 5, 2016 at 10:53:48 am

Thanks Shane, I was afraid of that. Mark said I could screen record with QT Pro, but I don't see a video source option in QT7 other than the facetime camera. Is there a short cut to select a window and screen record in QT Pro that I'm overseeing? or am I stuck with the option of videorecording the multiclip off the screen?

Michael Brown

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 4, 2016 at 8:10:41 pm

You cTrtainly could make the window larger, then screen record with Quicktime Pro, gets you essentially what you need.

I suppose one could cheat and set up a split in FCP7 or Motion as well, then output that movie.

Return to posts index

Michael Brown
on Apr 5, 2016 at 10:55:55 am

Hi Mark, Shane claims it's not possible, but I looked at my QT7 options and couldn't locate a source video option other than the facetime camera (on Yosemite), because what you're suggesting makes sense. Like a screen shot of a moving picture source, basically. What am I missing?

Michael Brown

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Apr 5, 2016 at 11:17:02 am

setting up a manual split screen is really not that difficult
if it's long, render overnight,
export a reference movie and drop it into compressor to make your upload-able preview.

nick

Return to posts index

Michael Brown
on Apr 5, 2016 at 12:29:20 pm

Thanks Nick, I'm aware of that, but I'm talking 20hrs + footage covered by 5 to 7 cams that I want to present (to a producer before editing). So it really IS a lot of work. It's a pain as it is to create the dozens of MCs I need for editing, since I don't have synced tc in my cameras, and I didn't regenerate TCs (perhaps I should have, had I known) ;-)

Michael Brown

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Apr 5, 2016 at 1:03:37 pm

ok, well buying a screen cap app is also not too hard!
I've used iShowU in the past,
Shane has recommendations, too, from memory

i wonder how it'll work when you're trying to play back 5-7 streams of video

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 5, 2016 at 4:41:13 pm

Select "quicktime player". Then "New Screen Recording". When you activate it, you will be given the option of recording the entire screen or dragging to define a window.

Return to posts index

Michael Brown
on Apr 5, 2016 at 6:09:34 pm

Mark thanks. I was looking for that in QT Pro /, but you're referring to QT 10, where I found it. Unfortunately no frame rate options and the likes. I found my share of happiness in iShowU where I have lots of options. Thanks mucho, guys!

Michael Brown

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]