FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Multicam: When I switch camera angles (not camera & audio), audio is still affected very slightly.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John J. Feinberg
FCP Multicam: When I switch camera angles (not camera & audio), audio is still affected very slightly.
on Mar 25, 2016 at 4:53:15 pm

So I have a project with a 2-camera interview. I recorded the audio from two lavs going into a Zoom H4n. It wasn't connected to either Sony A7.

When I mute the audio from the on-board mics and only use the Zoom H4n, I'm noticing something weird in the audio on the project.

When I switch cams, there is a small difference in the background noise being picked up by the mics. Again, the Zoom was in no way connected to the cameras, so I don't know how a silent video file can affect an external MP3 file.

I would show an example but it's currently NDA work, so hopefully my explanation makes sense. The only thing I can think of is that because I used the on-board mics to sync the audio together originally, that I should do it by hand rather than let FCP do it. Maybe that's causing an issue?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: FCP Multicam: When I switch camera angles (not camera & audio), audio is still affected very slightly.
on Mar 25, 2016 at 7:53:13 pm

You should not be using mp3 files in FCP7: convert to AAIF.

Return to posts index

John J. Feinberg
Re: FCP Multicam: When I switch camera angles (not camera & audio), audio is still affected very slightly.
on Mar 25, 2016 at 8:03:24 pm

FCPX.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 25, 2016 at 9:51:34 pm

Wrong forum then. This is for FCP Legacy...FCP 7 and earlier...

https://forums.creativecow.net/fcpxtechnique

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]