FORUMS: list search recent posts

When off line audio reconnected to media file the audio/video scenes are still offline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randall Johannes
When off line audio reconnected to media file the audio/video scenes are still offline
on Mar 22, 2016 at 5:12:28 pm

I captured audio and video separately and then combined them together for each clip. Then audio somehow went offline (not sure why), when i connected the audio clips back into the media files I thought the clips that I had combined with audio/video together would be brought back on line but they weren't. The individual video files were always online the audio files are now back online but the combined audio/video files that i connected as a new clip are not. The combined audio/video files are still offline because these clips don't recognize the audio clips as being back online. When I try to merge the audio/video clip to the offline audio it gives me this warning: Some of the attributes of one or more of the files you have chosen do not match the attributes of the original. This may cause problems within the sequence that are dependent on them. I think this is because my audio files are longer than my video files in the original files, but since i merge audio and video on the combined clip how would i recover the audio in and out points that match the video when I combined the audio and video into one clip. My guess is I may have to re edit the scenes. Does anyone know how to get the clips back on line?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: When off line audio reconnected to media file the audio/video scenes are still offline
on Mar 22, 2016 at 10:07:08 pm

Is this an FCPX question or an FCP 7 question? This is the FCP 7 forum.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Randall Johannes
Re: When off line audio reconnected to media file the audio/video scenes are still offline
on Mar 22, 2016 at 10:30:15 pm

This is a fcp pro 6 question. I didn't know that this was a fcp 7 forum.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 22, 2016 at 11:20:24 pm

Well, it's FCP 7 & earlier, too. Just not FCPX.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Mar 23, 2016 at 12:37:36 am
Last Edited By Nick Meyers on Mar 23, 2016 at 12:38:01 am

the linked clips may be new master clips, so not reconnecting when you reconnect the audio clips on their own.

have you tried just selecting the linked clips and reconnecting them?

nick

Return to posts index

Randall Johannes
on Mar 23, 2016 at 12:53:44 am

Yes, the combined audio/video combined clips have a red "off line" line through through the clip but when i try to reconnect the media file it states that the audio/video combined file is online but the audio file is off line but the audio file i already reconnected and is online when you open the audio clip. For some reason even the the audio file is on line and the video file is online the combined audio/video file is off line because when I made the audio file on line the in and out points exceeded the length of the video file. I think I am just going to have to re edit files.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Mar 23, 2016 at 1:04:44 am

"when i try to reconnect the media file it states that the audio/video combined file is online"

ok, but reconnect it anyway.

Return to posts index

Randall Johannes
on Mar 23, 2016 at 1:29:48 am

Thank you Mr. Meyers what you instructed me to do worked. This will save me hours in editing. Thank you so much for your instruction I am truly grateful.
Sincerely, Randall Johannes

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Mar 23, 2016 at 2:17:07 am

glad to be able to help,
enjoy your editing!

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]