FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem setting capture preset for 2K

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Tejada Flores
Problem setting capture preset for 2K
on Mar 18, 2016 at 6:23:41 am

I was given my first mini DV 32k tape to edit the other day, and I've been trying to create a custom capture preset to handle it. When I copy the basic DV 48k preset and try to edit it, most of the pull downs are grayed out, including the one that allows me to select 32k audio. Am I missing a step?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Problem setting capture preset for 2K
on Mar 18, 2016 at 4:57:40 pm

OK...do you have a capture card or IO device? If not, and you are capturing over firewire, you can't modify anything. DV can only be captured as DV via firewire, as it's a simple data transfer, not a "video signal" per say. If you want to capture DV as HD, then you need a capture card. None of them go to 2K yet (in terms of uprezzing), but you can blow up that last few pixels.

Or have a facility with a Terranex do it. Again, only to 1080, nothing for SD to 2K or 4K yet.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rick Tejada Flores
on Mar 18, 2016 at 11:19:44 pm

Sorry, I meant 32k audio, not 2K video

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 19, 2016 at 12:37:47 am

DV audio should be 48k. Why is it 32k? That must be some very low quality setting in the camera...low end camera.

So if you try to capture that normal, as 48k, you lose sync?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rick Tejada Flores
on Mar 19, 2016 at 5:24:00 pm

Tape was shot 15 years ago by someone else. Apparently consumer cameras come from the factory set up to 32. I tried following the Ken Stone advice on doing a custom capture preset, but when I copy a preset and try to change the parameters, everything is greyed out.

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Mar 21, 2016 at 1:41:54 pm

It's been a while since I used the DV format,but if I remember, shooting at 32k sample rate allowed an additional two audio tracks to be recorded along with the normal 2 stereo tracks.

Not my monkeys. Not my circus.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]