FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 or MPEG Streamclip progressive issue?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mickey Power
FCP7 or MPEG Streamclip progressive issue?
on Mar 10, 2016 at 7:04:30 am

I love Streamclip the app and use it often but have an odd issue converting HD AVC clips from my DJI Osmo camera (all progressive) to prores clips. When I put the converted clips from Streamclip in the FCP sequence (set to prores progressive) and then check the clip's properties, it says it's upper field dominant. Why?

The FCP-ready clips should still be progressive. I'm wondering if this is an FCP issue, not reading the clips properly. Or is it a Streamclip issue? Where it says Deselect for progressive movies, the two live buttons Interlaced Scaling and De-interlace Video are not selected, though the middle button Reinterlace Chroma is selected but greyed out.

What makes me think there's an FCP issue is because even when I throw in the AVC clip - which of course won't play cos FCP can't handle it - the clip property also suggests it's interlaced.

Mickey

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP7 or MPEG Streamclip progressive issue?
on Mar 10, 2016 at 6:14:59 pm

MPEG STREAMCLIP is severely out of date. Hasn't been updated in a long time. Try EDITREADY from Divergentmedia.com. There's a free demo available...so you can test it out.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Mar 10, 2016 at 8:21:59 pm
Last Edited By John Rofrano on Mar 10, 2016 at 8:25:54 pm

[Shane Ross] "Try EDITREADY from Divergentmedia.com. There's a free demo available...so you can test it out."
+1

EditReady is the best $49 you'll spend on a conversion tool. I rewrap all of my HDV media with it. It's just great!

Having said that...
[Mickey Power] "Where it says Deselect for progressive movies, the two live buttons Interlaced Scaling and De-interlace Video are not selected, though the middle button Reinterlace Chroma is selected but greyed out."
I'm guessing that you would deselect these if your source was progressive but your source is interlaced so I would think that you want De-interlace Video to be ON to convert it to progressive.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Alexander Kohler
on Jul 26, 2017 at 3:36:30 pm

I have had the same problem with my progressive GoPro footage, when I converted it from the codec H264 to Apple Pro Res 422 HQ on Mpeg Streamclip, Final Cut Pro says the footage is interlaced. I made sure the boxes for interlaced footage were deselected. The only solution I have found is to use Compressor 2 and convert all the footage to Apple Pro Res 422 HQ and set the field dominance to progressive. I loaded one clip into FCP 7 to test it and the field dominance was none meaning it is progressive footage.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 26, 2017 at 11:43:33 pm

MPEG STREAMCLIP isn't without it's issues. And making QTs that aren't interlaced has been on thing it didn't always do well. So don't use it...Compressor does a fine job, as do other options.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]