FORUMS: list search recent posts

fcp 7 crash

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jerome voss
fcp 7 crash
on Feb 29, 2016 at 12:40:09 am

Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help me out here with some suggestions on what to do in this situation.

I've recently had my mac hard drive crash & have lost my FCP7, amongst everything else. The computer was second hand & didn't come with any registration keys etc. So basically, the programs are gone.

I have several unfinished FCP projects which I need to get finished asap but although I have all of the project files & footage, I have no FCP 7 to open the projects with.

I have no idea what to do here... I don't have the $500 right now to buy the program, and from what i can see, there isn't an option to pay for a trial which will at least allow me to finish the projects...

Is there another program that will open these files/seguences?

Any help is appreciated - I'm at a total loss here.

Thanks!

Jerome

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: fcp 7 crash
on Feb 29, 2016 at 6:58:54 am

Sorry, but the only application that will open FCP 7 project files is FCP 7. There is no legal download of FCP 7...it only came on installer DVDs as part of Final Cut Studio 3.

You might have to beg to borrow a system from someone until you get the project done.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: fcp 7 crash
on Feb 29, 2016 at 3:34:06 pm

Any chance there's a rental or post house near you that can let you have some machine time?

Just how badly "crashed" is the hard drive? Totally corrupted, or just won't boot? ("clicks of death") Because I had a drive go bad that way, and a quirky "home remedy" got it running long enough to copy it over to a new drive.

The trick was to place the drive in a ziplock bag (preferably with some desiccant gel)and leave it in my freezer to cold-soak overnight. In the morning, remove drive from freezer, attach cable, power-up, and, "quel surpreeze" -it booted and ran, as I said, long enough to clone it to a new drive. Once fully thawed, it would run until powered-down, then it would again refuse to boot until re-frozen.

If you decide to try the suspended animation trick, pre-plan the resuscitation so that everything else is ready and able to go: have any necessary cables or extension cables ready, have CC cloner installed and ready on the new machine, have a fresh drive partitioned and ready, etc. Minimize the time between removing the drive from the freezer, and plugging it in. Have paper towels ready to mop up any melting frost.

The freezing has to be at least five hours I'd say, better overnight. One or two hours won't cold-soak the mechanism enough.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]