FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 pre color project send across to another computer abroad? Is this possible?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry Davies
FCP 7 pre color project send across to another computer abroad? Is this possible?
on Feb 25, 2016 at 5:47:39 pm

Hey guys,

I have followed the creative Cow forums for sometime without signing up, just reading the help from others has always been suffice
but this seems to be something I can't find a resolution to, alas I am finally here and looking for help!

I run a small media company in the heart of London and we have just recently extended overseas for some promotional film, the issue
we are having is that our colourist has moved to NZ and we were looking to use him to colour the files over night while us in the UK sleep.

We are relatively new to the idea of coloring a project on a separate computer as most projects are assigned to one editor from beginning to end. I have
seen posts about people wanting to move entire projects over to other computers because they are faster for exporting etc but nothing about transfering files
across the net/dropbox etc for color only.

My question is: Is there a way to share the FCP 7 files in a way (dropbox/wetransfer) that our colourist can edit without physically having to export everything onto
and external HDD and shipping across? If so, which files would I need to export/how would we go about this?

Thank you in advance, I really look forward to all your lovely feedback.

Many thanks,
H

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP 7 pre color project send across to another computer abroad? Is this possible?
on Feb 25, 2016 at 6:34:39 pm

Sorry, not at this time. This is tech that Avid and Adobe are working on, but that's still on an Enterprise level (highly expensive). Anything you put on Dropbox, will need to then "sync" with the Dropbox server...in essence you'll be UPLOADING it, and that will take time. And then share the folder with another editor, and they will be DOWNLOADING it. Just doing that will take overnight, if not longer...depending on your internet connection.

You can also look into large file transfer companies like Media Silo and Aspera...and again, that's actually getting the files from one location to another. There is no "cloud" way to access media on two or more systems for editorial that isn't on the enterprise level.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]