FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timeline/Sequence FPS settings do not match video clips FPS settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike rakoff
Timeline/Sequence FPS settings do not match video clips FPS settings
on Feb 23, 2016 at 8:20:47 am

Hello,

I've been editing a short documentary (10 minutes) on FCP 7. The project is my own and just something creative I wanted to cut together on my time and dime (though it came out better than expected).

Anyway, I used footage that I shot myself, 1080p @ 29.97. And me being me, and not slowing down to do proper steps, at some point when duplicating/copying/cutting/pasting my sequences I must have began editing on a timeline/sequence with settings of 23.98 FPS. Now I'm crossing the finish line a week later and have realized I made this error. At this point, I'm gonna assume this is 1 of the reasons I've had render issues with this project. But having made it through all that, my question now is two part:

1) Is there an easy way to convert this back to 29.97 without adding a ton of work to my timeline?

and if there is not an easy way--

2) Should I bother? Assuming I am done and won't be doing any more post work (EX. Sound mixing) And I just export as is for viewing, will I run into any problems in the future with picture quality, exporting, compressing, or uploading? I am planning on posting this on various web sites such Vimeo, YouTube and Facebook.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

-Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]