FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 Crash

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Klopcic
FCP 7 Crash
on Feb 16, 2016 at 9:05:24 am

Hello!

I am working with FCP7 many years, so I know pretty much what am I doing. But, at the moment FCP wont work. Sometimes I get an Error message: Out of Memory - while render, sometimes it quits unexpected.
I am using footage as always from Nikon D800 and converted to FCP footage so I dont need render during montage.
I notice the software crashed when I insert simple Text or some of FX Factory or BorisFX effects. I did many projects with those effects with no problem.
I delete all 4 files from Preferences and trash it, I delete all old render files from Tools-Render Manager menu, made repair disk, check all with Repair Tool Pro ... But no success.
It is true, this troubles was started after upgrade from Yosemite to ElCaptain.
(iMac 24, mid2007, 6Gb RAM, AMD2600Pro 512Mb)

Any Idea, before I downgrade OSX? Uninstall and Instal FCP again before downgrade? Setup something?

Best regards from Slovenia

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP 7 Crash
on Feb 16, 2016 at 5:08:25 pm

[Robert Klopcic] "I am using footage as always from Nikon D800 and converted to FCP footage so I dont need render during montage."

Converted to what codec, specifically?

[Robert Klopcic] "It is true, this troubles was started after upgrade from Yosemite to ElCaptain. "

Neither one of those OS versions support FCP 7. In fact, more things tend to not work the further you get from a supported OS. It's VERY important to run your editing software on supported OS versions. IN this case, 10.6.8 or 10.7...10.8 is the farthest I'd go, as Compressor and Motion and QMaster break in 10.9.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Joel Bocko
on Feb 20, 2016 at 6:50:40 am

Not to wander too far off-topic but out of curiosity, what are the recommended OS for FCP 6? I'm using 10.5.8 and haven't had too many problems in the past but now a project keeps crashing.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 16, 2016 at 5:11:16 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Feb 16, 2016 at 5:10:04 pm

I think you should go back to Yosemite. It would be better to back to an even earlier operating system.

If you want to have El Capitan, you can get another hard drive and install it there. Then you can run El Capitan when you want to.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Robert Klopcic
on Feb 16, 2016 at 5:33:27 pm

Thanks for answer! At the moment I am backing up my baby iMac, and tomorrow will downgrade to Yosemite.
I just dont like to install all S/W again, but ...
Thanks again, I just hope my FCP will run smoothly again.

It is raining outside, but I will go out, far away from computer ...
I was born in 70'. Happy days. No RAM, No Disks, No iPhones...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 16, 2016 at 6:04:57 pm

Take Shanes's advice -- you may want to go to an OS earlier than Yosemite. Mavericks, perhaps?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 16, 2016 at 6:31:26 pm

Yeah...go further back. Yosemite is also not the best option. Mavericks (10.9) is also not ideal...it broke three of the proapps. 10.8 would be the latest version I'd recommend for full compatibility. I have FCP 7 working on Mavericks, but that's it. And I'm not using it daily on this..mainly just opening projects. For FCP 7 work I go to my MacPro running 10.6.8

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Robert Klopcic
on Feb 17, 2016 at 6:30:56 am

On Yosemite FCP works fine. I am not using Compressor, Motion or QMaster at all.
About converted files: I am using Wondershare HD converter and all clips I made with Nikon D800, I convert with this SW to factory preset settings for FCP (Prores 422 codec). It took some time to convert, but it worth and necessary for Nikon recording clips.
Than my timeline in FCP run smooth, no need to render those clips every time I made some changes (cut, move, crop ...)

Today I will put my "Yose" back to system and let you know if there is everything again.

Return to posts index

Robert Klopcic
on Feb 19, 2016 at 11:22:36 am

Well, I cant downgrade to Yosemite, Option key or CMD+R wont recognize my USB stick with Yosemite from my own Apple ID store. I made with terminal and or Disc Maker ... But this is another story.

So I made fresh install of ElCaptain, install FCP 7.0.3 again and try it.
So far, so good. So I believe there was some system errors. I hope.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]