FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can anybody convert this FCP7 file into either xml or Premiere Pro or AVid project for me?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Watts
Can anybody convert this FCP7 file into either xml or Premiere Pro or AVid project for me?
on Feb 11, 2016 at 9:44:34 am

Hello Cow members.

I have an FCP 7 project file and just want to be able to open the sequences in one of the NLEs I have installed (Premiere Pro CC & Avid Media Composer). I do not have access to FCP 7 and am struggling to think of the best way to oen this project.

I believe that someone with FCP 7 could open the project and export and xml file of the main sequence, then I could open that xml in Premiere pro. I have all of the media on a drive so should be able to reconnect quite easily once I have the sequence?

If anybody wants to help me out here then please get in touch.

Oh and this is not a commercial project, just something I'm trying to use for personal training so I don't want to spend any money on it if possible!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Can anybody convert this FCP7 file into either xml or Premiere Pro or AVid project for me?
on Feb 11, 2016 at 5:11:29 pm

It'll convert to a Premiere Pro project, but not Avid. Only sequences into Avid, and even then, I'd have to have access to the media so I could use Automatic Duck to recompress to Avid media.

You'll have to relink once you get the Premiere project back.

What version of Premiere are you running? I need to see if what I have is compatible....PPro is finicky about versions.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Watts
Re: Can anybody convert this FCP7 file into either xml or Premiere Pro or AVid project for me?
on Feb 11, 2016 at 6:42:05 pm

Hi Shane

Thanks for the reply. I'm using PP v9.2 (the latest release). If you wouldn't mind opening the project, look for the latest sequence and create an xml of that then I can take it from there?

Thanks

John

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 11, 2016 at 7:03:08 pm

Just the sequence? I can do the whole project. Tell you what, I'll do both. I have the PREVIOUS version to that 2015.1...so it should be fine.

zip the FCP project file and email to comeback at mac dot com

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]