FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Android Screen Recordings in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miguel Couto
Using Android Screen Recordings in FCP
on Feb 10, 2016 at 7:51:43 am

Hey Everybody,

I recently did a screen recording using my SONY Experia z3, I need to mix the screen recordings with footage shot on an Sony XD Camera. The problem is that some of the creen recordings are in 1080x1920, where as the Camera footage is 1920x1080.

I've used mpeg to convert the screen recordings to the same format (XD CAM 1080, 25p), I thought maybe the conversion would screw with the aspect ratio, but they're still 1080x1920.

The problem I'm having is that when i drag the screen grab footage onto my timeline, FCP crops it irrationally, keeping the frame of it at 1080x1920 , but pulling the image inside it to 1920x1080... this is really confusing.

I tried exporting a sequence of just the screen grabs, at their original frame of 1080x1920, but it comes out stretched to 1920x1080.

I'm thinking of just flipping the footage by 90 degrees before bring it into fcp, that way I can adjust and crop it myself. Do you think this would work? If so, what can i use to flip it outside of fcp?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Using Android Screen Recordings in FCP
on Feb 10, 2016 at 5:52:39 pm

If you have Motion, you can correct the rotated video there. After Effects will also do the trick nicely.

You'll probably want to think about what you'll want to put behind the tall and narrow image, creating a completed shot that you simply use in FCP.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]