FORUMS: list search recent posts

What am I missing? Troubles with playback. Totally lost

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Helen Browne
What am I missing? Troubles with playback. Totally lost
on Feb 5, 2016 at 2:37:26 pm

Hi

I'm probably being really thick here and I openly admit I am a novice but I'm having an issue on FCP 5 when I come to exporting and playback on a dvd player.

I've captured footage from two different dvcam tape cameras using FCP and their properties are here:

I was then given a memory card with a third camera footage on. I can't import it in FCP cause I only have version 5.1.4. So I imported it in iMovie and exported/shared it as a Quicktime file. I then imported that file into FCP. Here is the info for that file:

The timeline I am using is the same as when I imported the first two cameras and when I've finished editing I've exported it using the 'current settings'. The timeline info is here:

I've then imported that final file into IDVD (I don't know how to use compressor/DCD studio pro). It seems to work fine but when I do playback on a dvd player I'm either having issues with the picture looking squashed or I find one of the cameras has interlacing.

What am I doing wrong? I've tried everything I can think of and ANY help would be welcome. This is a kids panto so I'm up against time here trying to sort it for them.

THANK YOU

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: What am I missing? Troubles with playback. Totally lost
on Feb 6, 2016 at 4:49:19 am

I see no one has replied yet and you said that you were up against time so I can tell you what I see, but I've never used FCP 5 so I can't give you step-by-step instructions (sorry).

I noticed that all three source videos are Anamorphic but your timeline is not. I'm guessing this is the reason that your video is squashed. I assume you need to create an anamorphic timeline and then the videos will show properly in widescreen as they should.

All three videos are PAL DV which is interlaced so I don't see why only one camera would give you trouble but I would check to see if it's the third camera because that one was processed with iMovie which is an opportunity for something to go wrong.

Also the third video has 44.1 KHz audio (which is incorrect) and the others have 48 KHz audio which is the right setting for PAL DV. So that third file that went through iMovie isn't the same as the others.

Hopefully this gives you hints at where to look.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]